11/13/2006

Bullying

Recent a few month, there are many young suicides in all over Japan. The reason is bullying. It is sad and we have to do is protecting them from the idea of suicide.
Because I practiced to become a teacher at my university, I think about it everyday.Why did such a things happen? Why couldn't people around the victims save them? Why did they tell about bullying to anyone or ask to save themselves?

One of my acquaintance said it might be because of suicides. She said some people may protect themselves from abrasive feeling which the person who think he/she was bullied give them. Of cource, it is one of the possibility, but I think it has a point. And because it is one of the reason, I think adults like teachers and (not only the sucides' but also the bullies') parents should take care of children more deeply and kindly.

When I was a high school student, I didn't want to make friends with a girl when I knew she used a pen of my friend's which was her treasure by stealth though my friend once had refused her to use it. Of cource, I didn't bully this girl. We sometimes talk as classmates. However, I couldn't help distrusting her. After that, I realized many of classmates felt same thing about her because of her other actions.

I think it was sad experience, but I don't know what I had to do. I didn't allow her many actions in that time. I didn't want to become best friends of her. In this case, we were high school students and they had already know bullying wasn't good thing so that we don't bully her. But, almost all classmates couldn't talk or make friends with her naturally.

Maybe some of the reason of suicides might be same as it. If we were a little bit extremer and she were more nervous, she might kill herself. It was terrible but such a thing can happen everywehere!

So, the adults are important, I think. I mean, the teacher and parents should teach children that there are many type of people and some of them thought be a little bit strange or bad person but all people have up side.... Children have no way to realize it without someone's help.
As for me, I could think she might have many good points and she might be just only too shy to express her opinion or emotion after a few years passed, but it was too late. I hope adults who have the chance to teach children create kid's way to peace classroom.

By the way, there are not only such a case but also the case which is the cause of only bullies' action like blackmail and brutal power. In this case, the teachers and parent's should be more strict than now. We may need the revolution of education or make other kind of help system for them. In fact, recently, the consulting detectives sometimes save children. It is new system for saving. They look into the child's school life or eavesdrop children's conversation in the school. And if they find the proof, they show it to the parents and if they need, the detectives teach them how to act (I heard one of detectives recommends to use layers and not tell directly school officials). It may be one of the best way at least now.


Anyway, it is better to stop before the bullies happen.






bullying いじめ
suicide 自殺者
acquaintance 知り合い
abrasive 不快な
have apoint 一理ある
by stealth こっそりと
distrust 不信感を抱く
extreme 過激
up side 良い面
blackmail 恐喝
brutal power 暴力
eaversdrop 盗聴する

No comments: